Wednesday, November 21, 2007

THE ROAD TO XMAS IS PAVED WITH UFOS



Don't you find this time of the year you have made all these plans to do this and that for Xmas and you are fast running out of time? Yeh, me too. Normally I have finished the Xmas shopping by now, nowhere near. Not to mention all the lovely hand made presents I was going to create. My lounge room floor and desk is littered with magazines full of Xmassy ideas that I was going to use. Going nowhere fast at the moment.
This top photo is an unusual felted gemstone. I didn't like the colour
of the stones so I felted them. I quite like them.

And I have made some needlefelted Xmas decorations, they
turned out quite well and are a bit cute. I enjoy needlefelting it is very tactile and it amazes me how firm they become. I don't use a foam shape for the centre. The entire article is made from hand dyed corriedale which is the best wool for needlefelting. Merino is too slippery. As you can see I did some beading as well

1 comment:

  1. This comment is coming after you joined our ATC club. I am very interested in how one would add felt to a rock. My daughter and I are considering working with the gorgeous stones we find at the beach and in our woods to make an artistic paper-weight type piece. I'm considering wire and small stones and paint as additions. Never thought of felt til I saw this little piece you did. How do you shape and attach it to the rock?

    ReplyDelete